|Coconut Curry Paella|
here is the recipe from paleo diet lifestyle for curried shrimp & spinach, I made basically the same exact sauce.
If you don't like seafood, this coconut curry sauce would be pretty delicious on just about anything, you can do just chicken and spinach, or maybe throw some sirloin strips in there. As T.I would say " You could have whatever you likeee" ( I don't know much about rap but I do know that song...don't judge)
You will need: ( this is going to be a long one)
- one dozen little neck clams
-1/2 pound of shrimp (deveined/tails removed)
- 2 small chicken breast cutlets
-1/2 package of spicy chorizo sausage ( I got mine at whole foods already cooked--I usually buy the uncooked chorizo there, but they only had a mango chorizo today) Find it right in front of the butcher counter at whole foods.
- 4 tbs coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 of a 6 oz. can of tomato paste
|You can get these both @ stop & shop|
-1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 small basil leaves
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 3 tbs olive oil
- sea salt & pepper for taste
Phew, I think thats all the ingredients
** this should feed about 4 people
1. First I steamed the clams, in a medium sized sauce pan add olive oil, clove of garlic, basil leaves, and white wine. Let simmer for about 2 minutes on med/high heat. Then add your well washed little neck clams. Cover and let steam for about 8 minutes or until all clams are opened. If after about ten minutes there are some that haven't opened throw them away that means they are no good. If you are tired of cooking after this step then you can just eat the clams this way because they are yummmy in a white wine sauce. Take off heat and leave covered and set aside for later.
2. heat 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large skillet. Add onion and sautee for about 3 minutes.
|I know, doesn't look so appetizing here|
6. After that you can then add your sliced chorizo & clams to the mixture. I added about 1/2 of the broth from steaming the clams as well.
7. Finally add the spinach, simmer mixture over medium high heat stirring freqently for about 5 more minutes or until the chicken & shrimp is cooked all the way through.
And there you have it, Nicki Peet's Favorite Paella. Of course change this to add all of your favorite things.