Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spaghetti Squash Egg Bake

Mrs. Lee Lipsitz gave me the idea for this recipe.  She told me about a squash egg bake she makes with onion and shredded up squash.  Due to the excessive pile of homework I had, I wanted to spend as little time as possible in the kitchen last night, so I bought a spaghetti squash to bake, that way the squash is already all shredded for you!  I figure, if I start eating like Lee Lipsitz, maybe I'll be able to lift weights like Lee Lipsitz. Eat your protein kids, and one day you too, may be able to dead lift well over 300 pounds like Lee, mother of two by the way, and maybe you will have the energy to get to the gym at 530 am and make it back for a PM workout, like Lee does. 

Here's the Egg Bake


What you will need:
12 eggs ( i used 6 whole 6 whites, thats just how I prefer it, but you can use 12 whole eggs if you'd like.
 Spaghetti squash-- I used 1/2 of a squash, next time I will use more for a thicker, more filling egg bake. ( bake for about 45 minutes first or until the squash comes out easily by scraping it with a fork.)
4-5 chopped scallions ( regular onion works too, I know it is silly, but the green looks prettier in the dish, the better it looks the better it tastes to me.
about 3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream.
coconut oil to spray the baking dish.

combine eggs, whipping cream, and squash in a bowl.  Pour into coconut oil sprayed baking dish, sprinkle on the scallions evenly. Add some celtic sea salt for taste.
Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until cooked all the way through. 

**I would use this as a side dish, I made this only for dinner last night, and Colin and I basically polished it off. But it was yummy! I also think this would be good with regular squash, carrots, or zucchini.



No comments:

Post a Comment