Monday, September 26, 2011

Lasagna


Lasagna?! Thats totallly the least Clean ( I guess the dirtiest?) thing you could eat.  Layers of Pasta and various types of cheese. Yummy? Yes. Belly Ache? Yes. So I found this recipe for Paleo Primal Lasagna and changed it up slightly.  The noodles are made out of egg which is a really good idea, i've heard of other lasagna's using eggplant, zucchini, and other veggies as the noodles, but I like how the egg noodles really give it the lasagna-y feel.  In my lasagna I used egg "noodles", spinach, Rao's marinara sauce, mushrooms, ground turkey, and sausage.  This was a really yummy and filling meal that I will probably be eating for the next few days for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  It was a little time consuming to make the noodles, so this is probably a good sunday night recipe, then you have some meals prepped for the week. Also, I always like to mention, find your favorite pandora station before you start..My Lasagna Pandora station was James Morrison and then switched it up to Duffy ( who is new to me but I kinda dig her) Anywayyyyy that has nothing to do with lasagna, so here it is..

You will need:

- 1 lb ground turkey or ground beef-- if you don't want sausage in your lasagna use 1.5 lbs of ground meat.
- 1 package sweet italian sausage--casing removed.
- 1 package mushrooms
- 1 bag of spinach ( or more if you want more veggies-- even one bag reduced to less than a cup)
- 1 large jar of your favorite marinara ( I like Rao's, or you could make your own if you're feeling ambitious)
- 6 eggs
- 6 tbs water
- coconut oil for sauteeing veggies and frying egg.
- sea salt and pepper for taste

1. preheat oven to 350
2. first brown ground turkey and sausage in one pan.  Add mushrooms when meat is almost done. Set aside when all meat is browned.
3.  Sautee spinach in coconut oil and set aside
4. Here is the time consuming part: wisk eggs and water in a bowl, and heat coconut oil( only use enough to lightly grease the pan) over medium high heat in a small frying pan.
5. Use a measuring cup to slowly add egg to frying pan, only putting enough egg in to lightly cover the bottom of the pan.

6. Flip it and cut it into sections, these noodles do not have to be perfect, they will probably fall apart a bit, but its okay!
7. Do this with the remainder of the egg, setting the noodles on a plate to the side.
8. The fun part, start by putting a little bit of sauce into the bottom of a baking dish
9. layer the bottom of the dish with your noodles, remember doesn't have to be perfect just cover the bottom.
10. add some spinach
11. I dumped half the jar of sauce into the meat mixture, and then layered the meat on.
12. continue until you've used up all your ingredients.  I only got two layers of each, I think the recipe I followed must have used a smaller dish because the picture showed alot more lasagna layers.
13. Dump the rest of the sauce on ( if you like it saucccyyyy)
14. Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes.  I sprinkled a little parm cheese ontop just for looks.  The website I got this from actually used mozz.cheese in the layers of lasagna. Which would be delish, but i'm trying to be extra good this week after I may have had regular pizza this weekend. Ooops.
Enjoy your Clean Eats Lasagna !

No comments:

Post a Comment