Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Simply Stuffed Burgers

The only thing better than a bunch of awesome toppings on a burger, is a bunch of awesome toppings stuffed inside a burger!  I spent labor day with my brother, sister in law, and oh so cute niece, and we made some delish stuffed burgers.  The burgers we made weren't exactly paleo, so I re-made them for the blog in a more "clean" fashion.  I stuffed these burgers with bacon, onion, and mushroom.  These make some big ol' burgers, my brother said they looked like Ninja Turtle Shells.


Just showing you how cute Kayla is :)
You will need:

- ground beef -- I used 1 lb, it made three large burgers
- toppings of your choice: I used about 7 slices of bacon, but the more the merrier, one package of mushrooms, and one onion.
- couple tbs of olive oil to sautee veggies
- 1 clove garlic

1. prepare bacon-- the crispier the better ( to me anyway)
2. sautee onions, mushrooms, and garlic in olive oil  ( there was a ton left over, so I just served the burgers with more on top)

3. form ground beef into thin patties.  Make them as big as you want, but big enough to fit the goods in the middle.
4. spoon toppings ontop of the patties.

5. use the remaining ground beef to form thin patties to cover your burgers. Seal burgers around the edges using your fingers.
6.  Either grill them for about 6 minutes on either side, or bake them @375 for 12 minutes, flipping burgers at halfway point.

I served these with Zucchini pancakes ( stay tuned for this recipe).  But they would also be delish with another recipe I made last week but still haven't posted, Sweet Potato Fries (stay tuned for this also)
zucchini pancakes
sweet potato fries

No comments:

Post a Comment