Thursday, October 27, 2011

CleaneatsbyNickiSweet Potato Pancakes

You dig my blog title today?  I'm not really that sweet, but i'll just pretend I am for today. Anywho, clearly I have a slight obessesion with food in the form of pancakes.  I bought sweet potatoes with the idea of making some sort of casserole or to add into a main dish somehow. Life got in the way of my big hopes for an extravagant dish containing sweet potatoes, and they ended up sitting on my counter for a few days. I decided to use them up one morning instead of letting them go bad.  So naturally I made some pancakes! These yummy little guys only took about 15 minutes to make.

You will need:
-one large( or 2 small) sweet potato shredded ( this guy was huge--I put it in the microwave for about a minute and a half to soften it a bit before I shredded it on the cheese grater)
-1/4c onion-chopped
- 2 eggs
-dash garlic powder
-dash cinnamon
-sea salt & pepper
- coconut oil for frying

1. shred your sweet potato
2.  add onions
3. add eggs + spices
4. Form small pancakes with your hands
5. place in frying pan in preheated coconut oil
6. cook until brown on both sides. 
* this makes about 12 small pancakes
Thats it!



Enjoy your NickiSweet Potato Pancakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment