Sunday, May 29, 2011

Chocolate Covered..... BACON


Chocolate and Bacon are probably two of the best foods ever.  So why not put them together??  I came across this recipe on paleodish.com.  I made it for a picnic at my parents house this weekend, they liked it, but they aren't used to the dark chocolate, so it wasn't that big of a hit with them.  But I loved it!  Dark chocolate and bacon lovers will really enjoy this treat!  Check out the recipe here : http://paleodish.com/2010/12/19/chocolate-and-coconut-covered-bacon/


You will need:
-1 lb of bacon
- 2 bars of 83% dark chocolate (or dark chocolate of your choice)
- unsweetened coconut to sprinkle on top
- 1 tbs coconut oil ( i added this when melting the chocolate to make it a little smoother)

-
1. cook bacon - its better nice and crispy
2. melt dark chocolate with 1tbs of coconut oil- I did so by putting a bowl on top of a pot of boiling water ( last time I burnt the chocolate trying to melt it in a regular sauce pan)
3. the recipe said to dip each piece of bacon in the chocolate, but I just tossed it all in and mixed it up.
4. place bacon on cookie sheet lined with wax paper
5. sprinkle on unsweetened coconut
6. refrigerate until ready to serve!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment