Monday, June 6, 2011

Turkey Sausage

I made my spaghetti squash eggbake the other day, and decided I needed to add even more protein!  I love pork sausage but I had my fill of pork and red meat after this past weekend, so I wanted to stick with a lean meat. All of the turkey sausage I found at the store were already cooked links, and I wanted the crumbly sausage to put in my eggbake, so I just bought some ground turkey and made it myself!

here is the link to the spaghetti squash eggbake recipe Spaghetti Squash Egg Bake

And here is the recipe for the turkey sausage:

You will need:
-1 lb ground turkey
-1/2 tsp dried basil
-1/2 tsp dried thyme
-1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
-1/2 tsp garlic powder
-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
-1/4 tsp black pepper
-most recipes also have fennel seed, I didn't have it and I just used what I could find in my cabinet, I do want to add it next time though!
- any other spices you feel like adding in

1.) add all the spices to the turkey sausage-mix thoroughly

2.) brown meat in a frying pan ( if you aren't adding sausage to eggbake, you can also form small patties)

--I added mine to eggbake, but you can serve it however you want!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment