Friday, June 10, 2011

Chocolate Pudding ( with a secret ingredient)



Well after looking at this picture close up, I think I need one of those fancy cameras (or a photographer) to make my food look as appetizing as the fancy pictures on other blogs.  Anywho, I've been meaning to try this recipe for a while, ever since my buddy David from the gym emailed me asking what I thought of a chocolate pudding made out of.............Avocado!  I wasn't sure what I thought of the idea until I actually tried it.  It was freakin' good!  You can't taste the avacado but it gives the pudding a really smooth texture.  Even better news is that it only has four ingredients ( unless you add a dallop of home-made whipped cream on top like I did), in that case 5 ingredients.  I shared this recipe with a friend who was over for dinner, who also decided to eat this pudding with an 88% dark chocolate "spoon" (aka used a big chunk of chocolate to scoop out the pudding). 
I know you're probably thinking "whats up with this chick and mixing chocolate with wierd stuff lately", in my defense, I didn't create these recipes, I got ideas from other sites.  So there are other strange foodies out there just like me!  This recipe I got from Lisa's Paleo Nutrition Blog

Ok Chocolate Lovers here is your Chocolate Avocado Pudding!

you will need:
-1 large avocado (or two small)
- 3 TBSP of cocoa powder
- 1 ripe banana
-2-3 tsp of honey depending on desired sweetness ( or none if the banana is sweet enough for you)

** optional- heavy whipping cream for topping.

1. scoop out inside of avocado and put in food processor or blender

2. add cocoa powder


3. add banana & Honey
4. blend it all up until you have a nice smooth texture ( about a minute)

Optional: Whipped cream
1. Put about 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream & 1-2  tsp honey into a tupperware container
2. shake it up for about 2 minutes- you will know its done when you don't hear the liquid moving anymore

3.add to your pudding-- or just eat it plain

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment