Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Coconut Crusted Chicken w/ Spinach Marinara
You will need:
- 1 egg
- 4-6 thin sliced chicken breasts
-1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
-1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
-1/4 cup flax seed meal-- you can leave this out and just add more coconut if you want
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara ( unless you are feeling ambitious and want to make your own--certainly not the case for me today)
- 1 bag of spinach
- 2 tbsp coconut oil- 1 tbsp for frying the chicken and 1 for sauteeing the spinach
*** sorry friends my hands were covered in egg and coconut so I didn't get to take any pictures along the way, just the final product. Forgive me, okthanks.
1. preheat oven to 350
2. beat egg and heavy cream in a bowl
3. add coconut and flaxseed meal to a plate
4. melt coconut oil in frying pan
5. dip chicken breasts in egg, then coat in the coconut/flaxseed mixture, toss in frying pan.
6. cook about 1-1 1/2 mins on each side ( just until slightly browned on the outside) then add to a baking dish.
7.sautee spinach in melted coconut oil, add jar of marinara to that. Dump over chicken in the baking dish, cover it with foil, and throw it in the oven for about 20 minutes.