you will need:
- 1 lb crab meat- sarah suggested using the canned crab meat from trader joes so that's what I did, you can use fresh crab meat if you'd like.
- 2 tbs of chopped chives- recipe called for red onion but I like chives better
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- sea salt and pepper for taste
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon of chipolte powder
- 2 tablespoons paleo mayo recipe here -- the plain mayo not the red pepper mayo
- I also added about 1/4 shredded carrots- you can leave this out, I just had it left over and thought it would make a nice addition
- 3-4 tbs coconut oil for frying
1. mix crab meat ( break apart with hands to make sure there is no shell), chives, garlic, salt, pepper, coconut flour, chipolte powder, carrots, and mayo.
3. form mixture into small cakes, toss in frying pan, fry on each side for about 2-3 minutes or until brown on both sides.
|Even sponge bob likes these crabby patties|
For those who didn't see yesterday, to make the red pepper mayo dipping sauce for these crab cakes, I just put about 1/2 cup roasted red peppers in the food processor with a tsp of garlic, pureed it and folded it into the Paleo Mayo recipe. Thanks to Sarah from Every Day Paleo for all of these yummy recipes and ideas!