Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Protein Bars

The only bars i've found lately that I don't get sick of or don't have little hidden ingredients such as rice, sugar, corn syrup, canola oil, sweetners etc. in them are the Lara Bars.  They are a good snack if you are on the go, but the only problem is they don't have that much protein.  I've been making these protein bars for a few months now and I finally have a recipe that I like the best.  Only problem is you have to keep them refrigerated if you can or they get really soft. I learned this the hard way when I brought them to school and a few hours later I went to eat them and had just a bag of melty mushy bars.
1/2 c almond flour
1/2 c homemade almond butter (or you can buy it, if you'd like)
3/4 c unsweetened coconut
1/2 c melted coconut oil
1 1/2 scoops of vanilla whey protein isolate
1 tsp vanilla extract

** combine all ingredients, pour into coconut oil sprayed baking dish, but in refrigerator until hardened all the way through.
**They are a little difficult to get out of the pan, maybe a slightly smaller pan so the bars are thicker would make it easier to get them out.
this is the brand of protein I use, I got it from whole foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment