Friday, March 18, 2011

"Breaded" Gluten-free Chicken Parm

Since my love for italian food will never subside, and you can't walk into an italian restaraunt and ask for bread crumb free chicken cutlets I decided to figure out a way to have the next best thing.  If you haven't found out already I L-O-V-E coconut, I figure if you can dip shrimp in coconut, why not chicken??  My boyfriend/crossfit trainer gave me approval of all my ingredients I used (which he doesn't always- but he knows way more than me so I listen) and he really enjoyed them ( or at least he said he did).

What you need:
-thin sliced chicken breasts
-1/2 c unsweetened coconut
-1/2 cup flax seed meal
** you might need more depending how much you are making- measurements don't have to be exact ( well thats what I always say)
-1 egg
- Coconut oil
-Celtic sea salt for flavor
- your favorite gluten free marinara
-raw cows milk parm cheese ( not so paleo-but chicken parm with no parm?? No thanks)

** Heat 2-3 table spoons of coconut oil in frying pan, have your egg beated in one dish and "breading" on a plate, dip chicken breasts in egg, bread evenly on both sides, toss in the frying pan.  When cooked all the way through, throw on some marinara, sprinkle a little parm cheese, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment