Friday, March 25, 2011

Jerseee Thursdee "Meatball" Muffins

Its friday, I know.  But as some of you know last night was the season finale of Jersey Shore.  The only thing more sad than naming my blog after Jersey Shore is the fact that Colin, myself, his brother Casey, and his girlfriend Lauren have been getting together for every episode since the first season.  I love to hate the show, and I also love to watch mindless garbage after studying and being in school all week, I'm sure some of you can relate.  When we first started getting together for "Jersee Thursdee" we would "Party" for each episode. Not the kind of "party" you are thinking of.  Our partying consisted of  Ben & Jerrys, basically one of everything from the candy aisle at  7-11, and a couple of grown men in tiny tank-tops.  This was when I started trying to stick with paleo, which lasted Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday then I completely cancelled everything out Thursday - Sunday, and felt like complete CRAP when I tried to worked out.  So why am I telling you this and why am I calling them meatball muffins??  Well because basically ever since then we associate the jersey shore with eating treats, so I started trying to bring treats that weren't so bad, such as paleo cookies, coconut macaroons,etc.  Now its expected that I come bearing treats when I walk through my boyfriends door on a Thursday night.  So when I tried to take a picture(with my phone) of these banana nut muffins for the blog, they looked more like meatballs then muffins, and since my girl snooks calls herself a little meatball, I decided to name them Meatball Muffins.  I know yesterday I said, "the better it looks the better it tastes". This is not the case for these muffins, I like these  better than the coconut almond muffins (although they are very similar recipes) these taste much better than they look!

Colin & May-z enjoying JerseeThursdee ( at least I could get Mayz to take her eyes off the train wreck for a second)

Meatball Muffins ( aka dark chocolate chip banana nut muffins)
2 large ripe Smananas (smashed bananas)
1/4 c + 2 tbsp Coconut Oil ( random I know, I added a little extra because the batter was dry-- measure by packing down in measuring cup then melt)
1/2 c almond flour
1/2 c flax seed meal
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tbs heavy whipping cream
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
 2 tsp honey
1 tsp cinammon
1tsp baking powder
1tsp celtic sea salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
6 oz dark chocolate chips (optional)
***The reason for coconut flour, almond flour, and flax seed meal was because this was an experimental project, I didn't like the consistency with just coconut flour and flax seed.  So I was making it up as I went along**
- In one bowl, mash bananas, add wet ingredients including melted coconut oil.  Mix then add to all dry ingredients.  Spoon batter into a coconut oil sprayed mini muffin pan.  Bake @ 350 for about 20 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment