Friday, March 18, 2011

1st Post- "Fajitas"

Well, I never thought I would be making a recipe blog. I've always loved to cook, but my best recipes were anything with pasta & cheese.  As much as I LOVE italian food, I hate how it makes me feel. It took me a long time to figure out why I felt like I was going into a coma after a nice plate of lasagna.  After joining Crossfit, I learned alot about nutrition and  a lot about my body and how it responds to certain foods ( specifically carbs). I know that I can't eat anything with sugar in the middle of the day, not even fruit, or I will likely be a walking zombie and get an almost instant muffin top.  My best friend Stacy on the other hand, can eat icecream, pasta, candy, and drink soda throughout the whole day and feel like a million bucks, not get a muffin top, and sleep like a baby.  All I have to say about that is a.) unfair b.) very few people have bodies like that! I get most of my nutrition tips from my crossfit trainer/nutritionist/boyfriend/food taster, he is really smart when it comes to nutrition, and has a whole book shelf full of Paleo eating books. ( I let him do all the reading then I ask questions). So anyway, for all of my paleo friends/ clean eaters, here I will be posting my own recipes, great recipe finds, and new ingredient finds.

I will make my first post our dinner from last night
"Fajitas" and Guac
I don't exactly have a recipe for this ( I never measure anything, I should probably start if i'm going to be blogging recipes)
For the Guac
2 avacados (mashed)
handful of chopped cherry tomatos
about a 1/2 cup red onion ( im not into onion-y things) I just put it in for the color
Pinch celtic Sea Salt
Dash of garlic powder
Dash Cayenne pepper
1/2 lime squeezed
Fajitas
Pre-sliced sirloin strip ( they come in packages already cut and some come with pre-cut veggies, this is easier if your're short on time but it kinda grosses me out that the meat juice is marinating the veggies)
1/2 red pepper
1/2 green pepper
1/2 yellow pepper
** whatever veggies you want, I just like all the colors.
I cook the veggies separate in coconut oil then add it to the meat after it has cooked.

So of course, no tortillas just add a dollop of guacamole to your protein and you're good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment